|Dr. Jia Wang |
Graduate Institute of Hydrological & Oceanic Sciences, National Central University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
- Education and wrok background
2014 - Now: National Central University, Postdoc.
2013.06 - 2013.12: Xiamen University, Research Assistant.
2008.09 - 2013.09: Xiamen University, Ph.D.
2010.06 - 2013.06: Denmark Meteorological Institute, Visiting Ph.D Student.
2010.06 - 2011.06: Taiwan ChengKung University, Visiting Ph.D Student.
2006.09 - 2008.09: Xiamen University, M.S.
2002.09 - 2006.06: Suzhou University of science and technology, B.S.
2008 - 2011
Scholarship by Xiamen University
State Scholarship by Chinese Scholarship Council of Ministry of Education
- Research Interests
Kuroshio variation and interaction with the continental shelf; Marine physical-biological coupled modeling; Marine bloom mechanisms
- International Exchange and Conference
2014.12 AGU fall meeting in San Francisco
2012.08 AOGS – AGU (WPGM) Joint Assembly in Singapore
2010.06 - 2011.06   Denmark Meteorological Institute, Visiting Ph.D Student
2009.09 - 2009.10   Taiwan ChengKung University, Visiting PhD Student.
- Jia Wang and Leo Oey, 2016: Seasonal exchanges of the Kuroshio and shelf waters and their impacts on the shelf currents of the East China Sea. (Journal of Physical Oceanography, In press)
- Y. Lin, L.Y. Oey, J. Wang and K.K. Liu, 2016: Rossby waves and eddies observed at a temperature mooring in northern South China Sea. Journal of Physical Oceanography, 46, 517–535.
- Jia Wang, Huasheng Hong, Yuwu Jiang, 2016: A coupled physical-biological modeling study of the offshore phytoplankton bloom in the Taiwan Strait in winter. Journal of Sea Research, 107, 12-24, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.seares.2015.11.004.
- Jia Wang and Leo Oey, 2014: Inter-annual and decadal fluctuations of the Kuroshio in East China Sea and connection with surface fluxes of momentum and heat. Geophysical Research Letters, 41, 8538–8546,doi:10.1002/2014GL062118.
- Jia Wang, Huasheng Hong, Yuwu Jiang, Fei Chai, Xiao-Hai Yan, 2013: Summer nitrogenous nutrient transport and its fate in the Taiwan Strait: a coupled physical-biological modeling approach. Journal of Geophysical Research, 118, 4184-4200, doi:10.1002/jgrc.20300.
- Jia Wang, Huasheng Hong, Lumin Zhou, Jianyu Hu, Yuwu Jiang, 2013: Numerical modeling of hydrodynamic changes due to coastal reclamation projects in Xiamen Bay, China. Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology, 31(2), 334-344. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00343-013-2109-z.
- E. Liao, Y. Jiang, X. Yan, Z. Chen, J. Wang and L. Zhang, 2013: Allocation of marine environmental carrying capacity in the Xiamen Bay. Marine Pollution Bulletin, 75, 21-27
- Wang Jia, Jiang Yuwu, Wan Zhenwen, 2009: Numerical simulation on the jiaolai canal with a 1-D and 2-D coupling model. Oceanologia et Limnologia Sinica, 40(2), 145-151. (in Chinese with English abstract)